Better late than never... Here's finally the little contest to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the blog (a couple of months later) : there's below 10 quotes extracted from Interviews published here on T.o.P. since its creation, all you have to do is to find which are the bands speaking behind them...
10 quotes = 10 band names !!! Some are very easy to find, others will need a bit of reflection and/or research in the archives of the blog...
I don't know if someone will find all 10 names but everyone is encouraged to take part, even if you're yourself one of the mysterious guys to be quoted here !!!
just a little indication : 7 of those bands are from the USA and 3 from Europe !
You'll find a list of the goodies to win below (some of them are actually in my possession, others will be shiped directly from the labels/bands)...
1) "I think that we'd kind of run our course doing fantastic songs... if we'd done a record that was full of the same themes that we'd covered over the last three it would have been us just doing something because "That's what we do"... like Slayer writing about Satan or some bullshit. Really, I believe that you have to follow your heart with regards to music, and our heart was not into making another fantasy based record."
2) "Album artwork is always the hardest thing for me! I like paintings, I’d like to think our covers convey a similar vibe to the old oil paintings you see in the Macato apartment in Rosemary’s Baby, the portrait in the film ‘And now the screaming starts!’ and the cover of Dream Death’s Journey into mystery. Sinister, alive and full of hidden meaning."
3) "We must feed the buzz permanently, places are rare and expensive..."
4) "We feel good being just two, there's more place in the van, more alcohol to share ! I don't have anything against drummers though..."
5) "He learned to play bass and sing while sitting down. In that position, he's most comfortable and also gets his best growl."
6) "There is something about men that just drives us wild, how they smell, their greasy skin, their hairy arms and legs, they just drive us wild. Luckily for us, being homosexual has allowed to have intercourse with some of our favorite musicians!"
7) "You know, most of the people who bought our cassette, I guarantee at least 70 of them, if not more, haven’t even listened to the tape. We had to put a download card in there. They were buying a booklet, essentially. The whole package. Our stuff’s online for “name your price”, which includes free, and most people download it for free, but once in a while I’ll open my paypal and be like “Oh shit. Someone gave us $10. Awesome.” It still blows my mind when that happens, even though I do it too- I’ll throw bands a few bucks, and it feels awesome."
8) "I think we are more 70's influenced rock than anything else. We have traditional song formats based around the vocals,not much guitar soloing or overly lengthy musical interludes. I'm a fan of vocal oriented 70's rock,particularly, Deep Purple,Uriah Heep,Free,Lucifer's Friend and of course, Black Sabbath. Genesis with Peter Gabriel has been a big influence as well."
9) "Honestly yeah, when she first joined the band I didn’t really know how it would work out or what she would bring to the table. I was somewhat skeptical of female vocals for our music, but now I’m completely sold and couldn’t picture our music without her voice."
Send your answers at : email@example.com
Deadline is July 04 !!!
PRIZES TO WIN !!!
EARTHRIDE "EP re-release + live Bonus"
EGYPT "Become the Sun"
MARBLE CHARIOT "The Burden is so Heavy"
ROTE MARE "The Kingdom"
ROTE MARE "The Invocation"
STONEBIRDS/STANGALA "Kreiz-Breizh Sessions"
TOMBSTONE "Where the Dead Belong"
IN THE COMPANY OF SERPENTS
NORTHWINDS "Live Ritual"
ABRAHAMA/WO FAT split ep
DOPETHRONE "Dark Foil"
EGYPT/WO FAT "Cyclopean Riffs" split 12''
PAGAN ALTAR demo 1978 (limited edition of 100)
KOOZIES + STICKERS
IN THE COMPANY OF SERPENTS
1st prize : 1 LP + 2 CDs + 1 tape + 2 T-shirts + 1 patch
2nd prize : 1 LP + 2 CDs + 1 T-shirt
3rd prize : 1 LP + 1 CD + 1 T-shirt
4th prize : 1 split 12'' + 1 CD + 1 T-shirt
5th prize : 1 split ep + 1 CD + 1 patch
6th prize : 1 T-shirt + 1 patch + 1 koozie + 1 key-ring
7th prize : 1 T-shirt + 1 patch + 1 koozie
from 8th to 12th : 1 CD + stickers...